icy vs iFA - Round 3

Henzad

icy vs iFA - Round 3

Post#1 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:26 pm

Talked to Luscious, match is scheduled on Sunday 1st May at 8:30pm CET!

Henzad

Flippi

Re: icy vs iFA - Round 3

Post#2 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:23 pm

icy used their wildcard, and according to henzad, ifa dont want to reschedule a match with icy. now default day/time will apply and the match will be played at sunday 08.05.2016 at 21cet.

FLIPPIISABUSER

Henzad

Post#3 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:12 pm

According to §7.2 of the OF rules Spring 206, icy should have used their WC "up until the macth start time" which was scheduled this day at 8:30pm.

icy used their WC too late but the admin decided to overrule that rule and give them a "tolerance time" so that they could use their WC. To spice things up, icy could have played the match this day as they had enough players.

"ifa dont want to reschedule a match with icy"
=> False, icy proposed to replay the match on thursday or sunday but we informed that these dates do not suit us well.

"now default day/time will apply and the match will be played at sunday 08.05.2016 at 21cet."
=> False again, default day, which is sunday at 9pm for iCTF as stated in the OF rules Spring 2016, applies for the current competitive week, not a week later.
=> the correct thing to say is that the admin forces the date 08.05.2016 at 21cet according to § 7.5, which they have the right to do so.

It's no more of a surprise that most team captains don't read the rules, i'm starting to wonder if admins did read them too...

Flippi

Post#4 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:15 am

for everyones understanding:

1. Luscious told me at 20:36pm that she has to use Wildcard vs ifa. At that Point I didnt know that she already had spoken to ifa guys earlier and told them before the match start at about 20:25 that she wont have 4 Players to Play the match. Thats why I first overruled rule §7.2. Demanding a defwin because the call was 6minutes to late at 20:36, when the matchstart was at 20:30 just didnt seem right. (7.2. The wildcard can be used up until the match start time. If a clan attempts to use a Wildcard after the match start time they will forfeit the match.). But later it showed, that ifa guys were informed already so I didnt have to overrule anything because it was used in time anyways.

We never had Problems in that regard but it seems some Teams here are more "professional" than others. This is not a professional league if you havent realized yet. Our rules are not perfect in any matter, thats why us admins still have to make decisions in individual cases to keep it fair for everyone participating. We dont want to upset anyone here and im glad ur taking care of the rules. I hope for your understanding in the future, since i didnt have to overrule here, but it will happen at times.

To prevent further attempts to abuse that rule to someones advantage we gonna change it soon and implement a tolerance time. Thanks for pointing that out ifa.

2. I apologize for making a false Statement about "ifa dont want to reschedule a match with icy". It seems that i missunderstood henzad there. ifa cant Play at the matchtimes icy has proposed and he asked me to make a matchdate then according to rule §7.5 (If no agreement is communicated to the Supervisor within 48hrs of the original match time, he may force the match to be played as he sees fit.). Thats what I did, new matchday/time will be on sunday 08.05.2016 at 21cet.

3. "=> False again, default day, which is sunday at 9pm for iCTF as stated in the OF rules Spring 2016, applies for the current competitive week, not a week later. " The match was regularly scheduled to sunday 20:30 and therefore Default time rule sunday 21cet was not applied. They took wc and u had to reschedule but werent able to. So the Default time rule has nothing to do with it anymore. Its just a coincidence that I took the Default day/time as new matchday because it seems the most fair time to me.

I hope everything is clear now and we can focus on the actual game we all like to Play again

regards flippi

FLIPPIISABUSER

Henzad

Post#5 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:11 am

Flippi,

Unless you actually bring up the server chat logs, you cannot say that icy told ifa at 20:25 that they were gonna use their WC. All I know is the 20:36 time when icy told you about their use of a WC, which is too late according to the rules.

Anyways, this is over and despite a lack of clearness about those rules, iFA is wiling to move forward and will try to replay that match at the newly set date.

Don't get me wrong here: I have no interest whatsoever to personnaly annoy you or anybody else, I and my iFA teammates just like things to be done properly. May I remind you one thing: had OF not decided to allow people to join the challonge lineups after the end of group stage for the NC, the drama would have been lesser about naledi and fake debtorr. There are always consequences to changing the rules and that's why it's always better when they are being respected. Don't get iFA's mentality wrong either: you should know by now that we play quake for fun and that we have nothing to gain to ask for a defwin...

We all work towards improving the community and I thank you for your concern about making things easier and clearer regarding wildcards with the the future application of a tolerance time. At least this mini-drama was not completely worthless.

Henzad.

Xiu

Post#6 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:17 am

A matche was scheduled yesterday, our team came for this matche, wasted time for it.
Maybe this rule about wild card to be used before matche time has got a good reason.
In my opinion, wild card is made to cancel a match before people show up on server.
It's not when everyone is already waiting that you say : let's wait a bit our 4th player, if he doesn't come we will use a wild card.
I'd even say the wild card should be usable only till 1 hour before matche starts, so you inform your oppenent before and he doesn't bother to wait and hope for nothing.

Finally, Icy had enough members online. They were not the "best ictf crew", but they were online and could have sub, because as you said, we are not pro, so why preventing a good matche to happen just because you want your best lineup, it's a game and we were here to play, and we didn't...

Flippi

Post#7 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:56 am

"A matche was scheduled yesterday, our team came for this matche, wasted time for it"

So did Players of icy. Its always unfortunate for everybody if players are missing and a Team has to use a Wildcard.

"Maybe this rule about wild card to be used before matche time has got a good reason.
In my opinion, wild card is made to cancel a match before people show up on server.
It's not when everyone is already waiting that you say : let's wait a bit our 4th player, if he doesn't come we will use a wild card."

I see it differently. The only intention we offer Wildcards to all Teams is exactly if the unexpected happens. For example if a Player that said he will be there in time and doesnt Show up. Or a Player has huge Problems with his connection etc. etc. If things get out of control. Thats why I believe a tolerance time of some minutes like 15 or 20 should be acceptable for everyone. You wont recognize that uve a shit Connection in 2 sec, you still hope that it gets better or that its the Server for example, so there should be atleast abit of time till uve to decide if you use wc or not.

Of course I can understand that you are upset when u prepare for a game for the evening and all of a sudden it gets postponed. But your Team also has the opportunity to use a Wildcard at times and then the other Team wasted time too. Every Team has just ONE wildcard for a reason.

You still can try to arrange a other date with icy. But if theres no Agreement on Forum, it will be on 21cet 08.05.2016.

regards

FLIPPIISABUSER

Henzad

Post#8 » Fri May 06, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi,

As mentionned in PM on Discord to Flippi and Luscious, iFA uses its wildcard for the match scheduled this sunday 8th May at 9pm CET.

As icy has less active members than iFA, I let icy propose to us some new dates for this match.
Thx.

Henzad

Henzad

Post#9 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:26 am

Match scheduled this Wednesday 11th May at 21:10 CET.

Luscious

Post#10 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:55 pm

Wednesday, 11 May 2016, 21:10 CET
⋆⭐✩ℒยรςเ๏ยร✩⭐⋆
iCTF frag movie --> http://esreality.com/post/2845195/ictf- ... ib-server/

Return to “iCTF”